Monday, June 23, 2008

Update...

It's been a little while since I last blogged... I just got a new job and I start this coming Saturday. I'm really excited because it's only Saturdays and Sundays from 9-5 and it's a low stress job. I will be home when Owen gets up and home in time for dinner, so I won't feel like I'm away too much.

Also, my mom sold her house! She's moving this weekend into a super cute duplex just minutes away from our house. Which means Owen gets to hang out with Grammy a lot ;] She will finally have the sewing room she's always wanted with lots of storage.

Today Derek went to a test at Tacoma Power. He applied a while ago and hadn't heard anything and we just figured he wasn't right for the job. Last week he got a letter from them and he was sure it was an "I'm sorry, we regret to inform you that we've filled the position" etc. But it wasn't! It'd mean he'd be making double what he makes now and full benefits. This would be amazing for our family in so many ways, but we're trying not to get too excited because he doesn't have the job yet. We're trying to focus on the fact that he has a great job that he does really like and he's making enough money. The Lord has blessed us and we're thankful for that... we're not taking anything he's given us for granted.

Anyways, this week is going to be full of moving my mom into her new place and unpacking. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly!

No comments: