Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Woggy= Grammy (my mom)
Pissaw= chainsaw (when you hear this it sounds like piss off! haha!)
Shisherman= Fisherman (he's going to be a fisherman for Halloween)
those are just a few of the funny ones, and there are more that I'll have to post as I think of them!
Monday, October 27, 2008
When it was time for bed, he was all about getting into his new "big bed" as he calls it... when I tucked him in he looked at me and said "bye!" haha!
After he went to bed I turned on his monitor to see how he was doing... I heard him talking and he said "oh, big boy bed... Owen's big boy bed..." it was so cute!!!! Well, he eventually overcame the excitement and I found him out like a light an hour after bedtime...
Now each time we go into his room he squeals "big bed!!!" and has to get on it! I'm so glad this has been such a fun and easy transition!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I've always been what I like to call a "tanorexic" haha! For the last 7 years I've always had a membership at some tanning place. Usually it's at Pink Coconut because they have the best deals on one year memberships. Anyways, I got one for my birthday/mother's day this year and I have barely used it and it's almost 6 months into my membership! YIKES! I'm trying to make a conscious effort to use it more and bring my tanning lotion with me all the time. After work I'll be stopping in at the Pink Coconut down the road from my work. What sucks is that now that we've moved there isn't one close by our house, so I either have to drive up to Bonney Lake, Puyallup or Sumner... bummer! Oh well... I'm hoping to go at least 4 times in the next 7 days... we have a Halloween Party on Saturday and I am hoping to not be pasty white haha!
On a totally different note... during my boring day on the internet at work, I found a great site! Hand Bag Planet. I am hoping to purchase something on here soon! It's been over a year since my last splurge and I'm in desperate need!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
As some of you may know, I have been a workout-a-holic for the last 10 months. I started in January and haven't been able to get myself away from the gym. Well, when we decided to move into the new house we needed to save money and I put our YMCA membership on hold... this was super hard for me because it's something Owen and I do every day. We get up eat breakfast, get dressed and go to the Y. So, I thought our membership was still on hold until they took the next payment out... I was wrong! It was only for the month of September and I could've been going for the last 2 weeks grrr!!! Anyways, we went this morning and man it felt good! I've missed it so much... When we pulled into the parking lot Owen kept saying "Play, play!!!" He was so happy to be back too! I walked him to the day care and he ran inside! When I picked him up after my workout, he was having such a good time playing with a firetruck... I am so glad we get to start going again so he has that time to himself too. On our way home he kept telling me "Mommy, I play... I have fun!!!" it was so cute!!!!
It looks as if we'll be back in our old routine in no time and I'm so happy!!!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Owen's play room off of the living room
The dining room
My kitchen! (which I am totally in love with!)
The back yard
The downstairs bathroom
Another view of the master... walk in closet and bathroom doors
Laundry and linen closets
built in desk upstairs
The empty spare room
another view of Owen's room... I'm going to decorate when we get his big boy bed put up and I choose a bedding set for him.
Well, that's it! I hope you've enjoyed a virtual tour ;]
Sunday, October 12, 2008
For the year ending: October 2008
Day Care Center Teacher
Laundry Machine Operator
Chief Executive Officer
General Maintenance Worker
Staff Nurse - RN
Regular Hourly Rate
Over Time Rate
That's a lot of money! Although, I don't bring that in... just imagine how much would be coming out of pocket if we paid for all of the services I do for free.... DANG! I also calculated how much it'd cost for daycare if I were to go back to work full time. The national average for daycare for a toddler is $525 a month or $6300 a year. If I were to go back to work and pay for daycare, subtract gas and lunch money and I'd be bringing home around $700 a month which is what I already bring home if not more. So, I'd rather stay at home and work a few part time jobs and have the time to have my house clean, laundry done, food prepared, errands ran, and son taken care of and have time when Derek comes home to spend with him. I feel that's a winning deal ! ;]
Saturday, October 11, 2008
10. Basketball! He loves to play and watch it... constantly! The only reason he has a YMCA membership is to play basketball lol! I go and work out while he plays a few games on the court.
9. Tabasco sauce. This kid will pour it on everything! I have to buy a Costco size bottle every couple months. Thanks to our friends Joe and Stepheni who bought him some for his birthday I won't have to for a little while ;]
8. Trees... cutting them down especially. I have never seen one person get so excited about wood ever! He actually called me the other day and was asking me if I noticed some tree on the side of the road... what?! Who really checks out the trees along the road haha!
7. Camping. I love to also, so it makes it fun! He always is so pumped to go and have a great time, building camp fires, hanging out and relaxing... he gets ready a few days in advance and I never have to do anything but pack some food and clothes.
6. Bon Fires. He loves to sit outside, even by himself and enjoy a nice fire.
5. People. He knows everyone and if he doesn't know them yet, he will! He's a definate people person and has a lot of compassion for even the worst of kinds.
4. His cell phone. Every night he falls asleep with it in his hand... he takes it EVERYWHERE! He even takes it to the bathroom! I had to increase our cell phone minutes because he talks so much!
3. Diet Coke. When I met him it surprised me how much he loved the stuff. He can drink a 12 pack within a day or so... I stopped buying it cause it's so not good for him!
2. Food. He has such an appreciation for food. Some will pick on him for this, but he appreciates it unlike otheres. His dad is a chef and Derek has always been exposed to great foods. He loves to cook and try so many different things... too bad I'm so darn picky!
1. His Family. Owen and I are the world to Derek. He may not express it perfectly to me, but I know we are. He will send me a text every morning at 7am when he knows we're awake to say "have a good day, I love you" I look forward to it each morning! Owen is blessed to have such a great dad. He and Derek have so much fun doing "guy stuff" and just hanging out. I know while I'm at work they enjoy every minute!
Ok, now for tagging others... I don't know who all reads this so I'll just name a few that I know read it ;]
Friday, October 3, 2008
Well, our computer is busted... not to the extent in the photo. It shuts off telling me there is some kind of error. It's old and was in need of being replaced, so now's the time to save. Thank God for my mom and her letting me veg out on her computer tonight as Owen watches Nemo! ;] I guess the move was just too much for my poor brittle computer.
We got all moved in and unpacked! I am not one to live amongst boxes, so I had it all done yesterday afternoon. Derek was shocked when he came home to a clean organized home with even some pictures on the wall! Also, I think the move has made Owen a little weird haha! He does this thing now where every time I tell him no he goes "nuts!". Daddy taught him that one! (thanks daddy!!!) Also, he was at the back door checking out the chickens next door (yes we have chickens next door to us now... gotta love Orting!) and he looked at me and said "come here mommy!" but he also motioned me over with his little hand... too cute!!! He loves the stairs and the fact that he has a play room. Last night while Daddy was still working he and I ran around the living room and dining area... I even did a cartwheel for him! (I can't believe my house is big enough for cartwheels haha!) Anyways, I may not be able to post photos for a little while cause my computer is gone... hopefully soon though!!!