Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's been a while

I've been blessed in my life to have not one but two best friends... Stepheni and Amy. I'm so thankful for both of them! Amy and I have known each other for 4 1/2 years now. She came to work at Toyota of Puyallup with me and when I saw her I knew we'd be friends. We hit it off fairly quick, and soon we were just like two peas in a pod! But all too often life gets hectic and Amy and I don't get to just chat like we used to. Before we were married, and before Owen and baby Kate... Amy was a single mom of two awesome boys. I always hung out with the 3 of them and we were pretty much inseparable. In the last 2 years I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that Amy and I got to sit and talk without interruptions of kids or husbands. Tonight her and I got to chat it up for 2 hours! Gosh, I guess I didn't realize how much I miss those times until now. Not that I ever took those times for granted, but I had kinda forgotten how much we can talk about a whole lot of nothing and everything all at once! I'm sure you're reading this Amy... good! I love you to death and I know we've had our hard times, but like you say it all works out in the end. I feel blessed to have a friend like you who I can be crazy with, but can also be a wife/mom and you accept me for me. I love your family and I'm so proud of what kind of person you've developed into over the last 4 1/2 years. We've seen each other through some really tough times and some amazingly happy times. I hope that we can continue our friendship to share many more moments! Love you girl!!!


Here are some of my favorite photos of Amy and me...


this is both our favorite photo of us at the 2121... captures our personalities to a "T"! I'm the dolled up one and she's the down to earth girl... sounds like us!
once again at the 2121,but I was 3 months pregnant!

at a friends going away party

at my 26th Birthday celebration

This photo is probably one of our firsts together... we were on our way out for the night and had to get pictures to document how cute we looked! Now that I look back it's kinda silly that we were posing in my mom's entry way haha!

2 comments:

Stepheni said...

What an awesome post, Shell! I am glad you guys got some good one on one time! :)

Amy said...

OH, I LOVE you!!! You made me cry reading this!!

You and I have had some amazing times, some crazy times, some tough times,-- and our share of (my favorite times) -- staying out late and dancing until our legs hurt so bad we could hardly walk to the car times, that's for sure!!

That first night I went out with you, when we went up to Bud's, and we got ready at your house, that was the first moment of my life that I felt free and ontop of the world like I could conquer anything!! I felt how a carefree 23 year old girl should have felt before. You completely liberated me from life as I knew it, and I can't ever thank you enough. Having your mom to take photos of us to document this momentus occassion.... well that's just us, a couple of "photo whores!"!! haha. Man, are such dorks!!!

That aside, we have shared intimate times(totally non-sexual, those of you who are reading this!!)of life together, and those in are priceless "friend" memories!

I am super happy we got some one on one time last night to just .... talk with little to few interruptions! It's been SOOOO long. I must say that we are getting better about see each other more often.... although it is sometimes hard with 4 kids and 2 husbands between us!! Game nights definately allow me some "Shells" time, and I really look forward to those weekends more than any others!!! Man, I'm practically writing a book here... I need to stop! :D

You are an amazing best friend!
Love you.