Thursday, February 5, 2009

So exciting!!!!

I've been trying to entertain the idea of potty training for a while now and Owen really hasn't had much interest. A couple months ago he was going poop on the potty and it was fun and he thought he was so big and then he stopped... never to want to go on the potty again! In a last ditch effort I bought a training potty. I never wanted to buy one because I didn't want to have to clean the potty (yuck!) But when trying on the big potty and putting him in big boy undies to see if wetting himself was uncomfortable didn't work... I gave in! I got this frog potty at Burlington Coat Factory. Owen loved it at first, but didn't want to go potty on it... so it sat in our bathroom collecting dust! Well, today I was watching John and Kate Plus 8 when I had a great idea! Do like they did and just sit him on his potty with a sippy... I sat in the bathroom with him and read a ton of books to him. After he didn't go, I went and got myself a sucker (which he LOVES!) and proceeded to eat it. He freaked out and wanted one, but I kept telling him he had to go pee-pee on the potty and then he could have one too. He got a bit upset and peed a bit on the hallway floor, then came in the bathroom where I sat him back down and he ended up peeing more on the potty!!!! I was so excited! He was a bit scared at first, but when he saw how excited I was he got a huge smile on his face and said "I did it!!!" So, we grabbed him a sucker and made a huge deal about it, danced and cheered for a while. Here's a few photos... I hope the potty isn't too graphic, but I had to! haha!

Owen's first pee-pee in his potty!!!
Such a proud boy with his sucker.
Chowin' down!

Now, I'm just hoping that if I stick to bribing that he'll eventually be potty trained! (Fingers crossed!!!)


1 comment:

Josh and Danielle said...

you'll have to tell owen that "auntie josh" are so proud of him!!!!