Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving!

Derek and I hosted Thanksgiving this year. Mostly in part because we have the biggest house... although we didn't have to make a ton of stuff which made it a lot easier. Derek and Josh had a "turkey cook-off" and we had two BBQ's going all day today! My mom, Danielle, Josh, Derek's mom, my Uncle Bill, my Aunt Lana and her mom Anne and brother Art all came to dinner. I was fortunate enough to not have to cook a lot...I only made a green bean casserole and some red velvet cake balls (those were AMAZING!) My mom brought mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and 4 pumpkin pies! My sister made some yams and also some pigs in a blanket for appetizers. Grandma Anne brought some tasty homemade bread and Derek's mom brought her yummy cheese cake and a fruit salad. We had quite the spread! We left the house a mess and I woke up to a clean kitchen thanks to Derek... I love him so much! He's not the usual "cleaner" but he sure was at 4 am this morning! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did... I'm so thankful for all of the blessings the Lord has given me!!!

The table set up (yes Owen's at his little table already eating haha!)


The appetizers and pies YUM!



Josh carving his turkey... Derek's is to the right of him (Derek's won in my opinion!)

1 comment:

Stepheni said...

There is just something great about being ABLE to host a big feast like this! It is like coming into you womanhood or something! ;) My next home will be a Hosting House, you better believe that! Looks great hon!